Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 13, 2013


 
SOLOMON'S JOURNEY

Long ago I wanted to find meaning, so I set out on a journey.

I wanted to find happiness and true joy before I was laid out on the gurney.

I knew that there was something out there worth treasuring;

But nothing that I found held up to my measuring.


Meaningless, meaningless, everything I did was such.

Everything I did under the sun didn't accomplish much.

It was folly, a chasing after the wind;

Something that caused grief and a heart that would not mend.
 

I tried everything that had to do with wisdom and knowledge

I was even more wise and knowing than any professor in college.

But even wisdom and knowledge caused me much grief;

For like the fool, the wise man's life is brief.

 

In my search I even tried folly and madness

But found that both of these only cause grief and sadness.

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired;

But found emptiness when I looked at everything I had acquired.


Now all has been heard and this is what I achieved,

Wisdom, folly, toil and riches aren’t  "it"  like I once believed.

The conclusion is: Fear God and follow Him with all your soul;

For this is man's duty, the act that makes him whole.
 

-By Daniel Ingram, Elm & Hudson church of Christ, Altus, OK

 

1 comment: