Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013


Have you ever been in a grocery or department store and passed a cart with a little child in it, shopping with its mother?  Do you speak to or smile at the little one? Every time you see one?
 
I must admit that I didn't usually....but Bobby always does.  I love babies and little children dearly, but I usually just kept shopping and trying to remember what I had forgotten to put on the list.  LOL  Sometimes I thought too, that he shouldn't do that so much...it might strike fear into the heart of the mother, with all that is happening in our country today.   But it never seems to. I guess they are good judges of character. :)
 
But...can you imagine Jesus ignoring a little child?  I can't!
 
Children have bad days too.  They may be with a mother who ignores them a lot. That lady pushing the cart may be a baby sitter instead of the mother.  They may be abused children where the only attention they get is when they do something bad.  They may be feeling bad.  Any number of things can cause grownups or children to be having a bad day.
 
It may be where you can only give them a smile and a wave of your and then...there may be times when the circumstance is where you can talk to them.  We can bring joy for a moment and we don't know just how small an act sometimes might change a person's life...even a little person.
 
About a week ago, in Wal-Mart, we paid some attention to a little boy about 2 years old, in a shopping cart.  A little while later, we saw him on the other side of the store and he was so cute.  He recognized us and was so happy to see us again and started paying us attention.  It amazed us and his mother too.  He made our day...and we hope we made his too! 
 
 
I have decided, after watching Bobby all these times, that I am going to do like him and show every little one I come close to, not matter where, some little bit of attention.  How about you?  Every little child needs to feel important.  If more of us did this...what a difference it might make in the life of a little child.  ©Edna L. Ingram
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment