Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

STATEMENTS THAT REALLY BOTHER ME.

STATEMENTS THAT REALLY BOTHER ME WHEN I HEAR THEM.
When people talk about their grandchildren and say:
1. "I never knew how much love my heart could hold 'til someone called me Grandma!:"
2. "If I'd known how sweet grandchildren were...I'd have had them first!" 
3. "There is nothing else like it!" 
4. "Grands and Greats are just so much more special."   

I feel very sorry for those parents because they evidently missed something very special in their own children.
We love our Grandchildren.  We have three of them.  We also now have six Great Grandchildren. We know how sweet and precious and special they are!!  But we have never said nor felt like those 4 statements above and we will not say them, because it is simply not true in our case.  They are very sweet and special...but in no way are they more so than our own children!

One day an acquaintance said to me, after his first grandchild was born.  "Isn't it amazing how much more special your grandchildren are than your children were?" I looked him in the eye and said, "Mine aren't!"    He looked shocked and then recovered quite nicely and said, " Well, when my kids were growing up, I was pretty busy and wasn't around them very much.  I had to work nights and sleep days."  
 
How sad and I'm afraid that is the norm in this present age.   I think about this and I wonder what their children feel and think when the statements above are made where they can hear them?   I think it is very sad and tragic. When our kids  and their kids see us loving their babies...they just know even more, how much they were loved when they were babies.  They don't hear the above statements made.   -Edna L. Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment