Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

USEFUL OR JUST DECORATIVE?


Bobby loves clocks and he found this wall clock (literally a wall clock)  and bought it.  He assembled it on our living room wall.  I love it and it came with 12 different sets of letters so you could choose your color. We chose a color that would go with our blue sofa and loveseat and also it matched a crocheted throw on the back of sofa that his sister had crocheted for us. 

But...you know what?  I had been seeing it just as décor; and I, just this morning after 2 months of it being there...looked at it to see what time it was. 

It made me think of how we are as Christians in God's church can be.  Are we functional and useful or are we just part of the décor occasionally, like this clock was to me.  I don't want to be like the way I was using this clock.  I want to be useful to Christ and His body of Christians and not just be there at the assembly occasionally...just an 'occasional church goer' or even there at every assembly but not very useful. 

Our works do not save us...we know that....only the blood of Christ can do that.  But in Ephesians 2: 8-10, we are told that we are created in Christ unto good works. 
©Edna L. Ingram
     
   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.  -Ephesians 2: 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment