Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 31, 2013

THE DAY MY DADDY DESERTED ME.

 

Edward, Maxine and Edna Scott, Spring of 1941, ages 3, 5 and 8.
In October that same year our mother passed away.
 
 
THE DAY MY DADDY DESERTED ME.
 
I was four years old and had stepped on an airplane that my 9 year old brother had made. He left an exposed nail in it. My foot was fine until it got infected and swollen.
 
My daddy decided I needed to see a doctor so he and my uncle took me one morning. We were sitting in the waiting room waiting on our name to be called and my daddy decided he had some business to take care of. So he left me with my uncle.
 
When my name was called, we went in and the doctor showed me a pretty jar with some pretty colored sharp-pointed sticks. He told me to choose my favorite color. I remember so well choosing pink.
 
Well… he took that pretty pink stick and stuck it in my already sore and swollen and infected foot. I screamed!!!!
 
With all my sweet daddy’s attention when we got home, that incident was placed in the back of my mind…until I was grown with little ones of my own….then I understood exactly why my Daddy deserted me that one and only time in my life! 
 
Other business, my eye!   lol  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment