Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2015

CHRISTIANS HAVE A HIGHER CALLING THAN THE WORLD DOES.



I was dusting the big frames in our bedroom that hold the large pictures of our grandchildren. I’ve never really noticed how dust forms before…on the horizontal pieces of the frames…but on the vertical places there is no dust.

It started me to thinking and I came to the conclusion that there is no place for the dust to rest on the vertical pieces. It just slides off onto the floor, evidently. Then this thought came to me: The vertical direction is pointing upward to heaven or downward…there no in between. The horizontal is neutral. Hmmm We don’t want to be neutral, that’s for sure!

Why are some people more able to resist Satan when they are tempted? It is because in their life, they have God’s Spirit dwelling in them and Satan has no resting place there. They are like Christ when He was tempted in Matthew chapter 4. They have a higher calling and they want to be faithful to that higher calling. Romans 8: 9-11; Romans 5:5; Galatians 4:6; Ephesians 3:16.

I’ve heard it said that if you are not tempted much by Satan, it may be because he already has you. That may be true in some cases but not necessarily so. James 4:7  “…Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”  

Jesus also said in Matthew 11:28-30:   "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  

Life without Jesus would be a life full of different shades of drab!
We are either living for Christ or we are not! There is no neutral ground. If we are neutral we are only fooling ourselves. May all of us who are Christians, so live each day…that Satan can find no resting place long enough to work havoc in our lives.      © Edna L. Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment