Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 5, 2014

I had foot surgery back in the middle 90's (toe surgery).  The podiatrist told me beforehand what he was going to do and he warned me that it might OVER correct my foot.  It did!
He also told me how to fix it and he gave me a demonstration how to do it.  It hurt so bad I almost screamed.  So...I didn't keep it up, and now a little over 20 years later, I am definitely paying for it.

That pain would have lasted only a few weeks a few times a day, but no...I just couldn't  or wouldn't make myself do it.  Now I have to live with the fact that I am crippled and at the worst may someday be unable to walk.  I regret that, but it is minor compared to other things that it reminds me of:

This reminds me sadly, of a Scripture or two in God's Word (His advice)  on raising our children.  It is painful to them and to us too as Christians, to inflict punishment on them at the time they need it, but it brings desirable results as and when they grow up.  And then when they grow up they will be following Christ and they will be happy and will make us happy in the way they live and raise their own children on down through the generations.  It is very much worth the pain to us and to them to rear up a generation of God-respecting youth.

Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. 

Proverbs 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Proverbs 23:13-15  Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.

Ephesians 6:4   And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
 
Isaiah 54:13   And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment