Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

THOUGHTS THAT CAME FROM A LONELY SUNFLOWER....



If you were guessing what this picture is before you looked at the one below, you’d probably guess it to be a beginner’s knitting project…or someone’s worn gold carpet. LOL This sunflower came up from one of the seeds that we feed the little wild birds in our back yard. When I first saw the plant it had the personality of a cocklebur and I started to hoe it down. I’m glad I didn’t because….



I learned something from our lone sunflower that I didn’t know. I’ve never watched a sunflower grow from day-to-day, but we found out that each sunflower seed coming on has its own little flower. That’s what this is a picture of. I set the digital camera on ‘portrait’ and got up in its face (lol) and took a picture so the little flowerets would show up.
 
There’s something of God’s creation to learn every day! This family of sunflower seeds is like the human family. As we grow older, we wilt and fade away (die) and little ones (the Grands, Greats and the Great Greats) are born into the family to take our places.
 
While this is all happening, it all seems like slow motion to us but as we get older, we can see that it happened very fast. The Bible tells us this but we seem to just read it and don’t think too much about it…until later. James 4:14 “…What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Job 7:6 “My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle.”
 
Since our life span is so fleeting…we should be the very best influence to our families that we can possibly be, but that should be the secondary motive. The first should be our desire to be pleasing to God and then we will satisfy the secondary……..

No comments:

Post a Comment