Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 17, 2013

I learned something on a game this morning. Woke up at 3 and couldn't sleep, so got up at 4. I was playing Blasterball, just trying to beat my own last score...and when the bubbles section came up...I learned that as the bubbles get in your way, every time you hit one it adds 50 points to your score. I didn't know that. I thought they were just there for interference, and I've been playing this game for about 5 years or more. Hmmm

That reminded me immediately of the hindrances and hardships we have in this life we are living. We should not compare ourselves with others, but with Christ, and just try to beat our own last "score".

We can't see our troubles at the time except as heartaches and grief, and it may take us a while to see it...but in the long run, they are adding to our score by making us stronger, more compassionate to others, adding to our faith, helping us look at the big picture of life, causing us to pray more perhaps...leading us closer and closer to Jesus. James 1:2-4 "...Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment