Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2013



The past few years, as I've gotten older, I tend to tense up when traveling, even for a short distance of 20 miles to our shopping places.  I'm beginning to remind me of my step-mother.  :)

I've lately figured out the reason that I'm a franti-holic when riding in a car or driving either. Bobby takes his eyes off the road for a second or two and kinda veers to the right. He usually doesn't run off the road but it petrifies me! He's a very experienced driver; drove a truck before we married and quit because of marriage...drove a school bus for 33 years. He still has good reflex and when he veers off the road, he doesn't over-correct. He gently guides back where he is supposed to be. We saw last Monday how quick his reflexes are, when a car almost got hit by our's when they pulled out in front of us on a busy highway...two different times.

One of my friends lost control one day and ran off the road and her car turned over...she didn't know how many times. They took her to the hospital, but she was okay. When I saw her, I asked her what happened, "Did you over-correct?" She said, "Yes, that's exactly what happened." Well I do the same thing...wish I could learn to stay calm and gently make a comeback, when I veer off the road. 

That is exactly why I get so tensed up...because when Bobby runs off the road, I know how I would handle it!!!!

Well, I said all that to say this: LOL We tend to judge others, not so much by what they do.... but by our own selves and our own weaknesses and faults. Maybe that is why the Bible condemns it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment