Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A FATHER’S INTROSPECT

 
  
He placed his little hand in mine
Looked up at me so tall;
I knew that I must ‘measure up’…
Or we’d both surely fall!

Before he even walked, I thought,
“What shall this child be?”
It took no time to realize…
That it depends on God and me.

God, we know, will do His part;
And I must do mine too.
It won’t be easy but with His help,
I can follow through.

I must be careful how I walk
Throughout my life on earth;
I want to give him back to God…
As pure…as at his birth.
 
©Edna L. Ingram, 09/13/2008
 
“A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained 
will be like his teacher.”  -Jesus, in Luke 6:40
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment